LevelUp was launched by SCVNGR back in March as a pilot to figure out how to solve theloyalty/repeatcustomervoid in the burgeoning local deals space. For businesses, LevelUp encourages trackable, repeat visitation through progressive rewards. For customers, LevelUp is the best way to try new places and get rewarded for going back to your favorites.
We do this by mashing-up our game mechanics and tech “skillz,” sprinkling in a little bit of transactional know-how, and using it to connect us to our favorite local spots.
Today, we’re rolling out the next-gen of LevelUp to do all that, but… better, faster, harder, stronger.
You can see it in action at http://TheLevelUp.com.
For those of you who didn’t click that link and are still reading, allow us to introduce the “new” LevelUp:
LevelUp is the better way to pay. It does a couple of things we think you’re really going to like:
- Save Today: Anytime you visit a place for the first time on LevelUp there’s $5, $10, $20 in credit waiting for you to spend on whatever you want. To use it, just pay with LevelUp.
- Save Always: Whenever you head back, just keep paying with LevelUp and you’ll progress towards unlocking more credit and saving even more.
- Save Time: And did we mention that you can pay with your phone? (Or a LevelUp card.) Get instant digital receipts. Save money and save the planet!
- Save Everywhere: LevelUp works at hundreds of places in Boston + Philly with more going live every day. So pay with LevelUp everywhere: TheLevelUp.com/browse
Pay with LevelUp? Cool! Wait, what?
It’s really easy! Just go to TheLevelUp.com and register. Enter some basic info and link your favorite card. You’ll get a personal QR code. Carry the code with you on your iPhone or Android with our free app or have us send you a physical card. (And yes, the LevelUp card is black… suhweet.)
Simply scan your code to pay at any business on LevelUp. Your credit gets automatically applied and any difference just gets passed to your card. So save money and keep scoring those miles! Any extra credit stays there for you to use on your next visit. There’s never any fine print and credit never expires.
At cafes and retail stores, you’ll see a cool “LevelUp Terminal” where you can scan your code. At sit-down restaurants, the waiter will scan your code right at the table. The phone/card never leaves your hand.
You’ll instantly get digital receipts (via email and push notification) and be able to track how much you’ve saved and your progress towards unlocking even more credit.
Where does it work?
You can check out the full list at TheLevelUp.com/browse. We’ll be adding 5-10 places per day per city. Initially, LevelUp is only available in Boston + Philly.
How do I get started?
Head to TheLevelUp.com or grab the free “LevelUp” app for iPhone / Android.
Why do businesses love it?
Businesses, you know we’ve got your back. Here’s why you’ll love LevelUp.
1. A Sesame-Street Simple Loyalty Program: LevelUp is the cure for the common punch-card.
2. Social CRM: Know a bit more about your customers than just a friendly face.
3. Attract & Retain Customers: Attract new customers and onboard them into your loyalty program.
4. Save on Credit Card Fees: When customers pay with LevelUp, you pay 20-30% less in fees. Neat!
Want to learn more? Check out TheLevelUp.com/merchants.